Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
New Year news
Saturday 5th January 2019, 10:25 AM
New year - new places, new journeys, new adventures. Welcome to St Mary's Church Sticklepath, on the edge of Dartmoor and joining the little cluster of SPPs there - well worth spending time in that beautiful part of Devon. Also just loaded into the Members' Area are parts 15 and 16 of Ali Green's Pilgrimage journal - this time travels in Kent back in the summer. Ali is again organising a retreat on Lundy Island in September - contact us for details or see Members' Area (Inspiration - Miscellaneous section).