Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
A simple Noncomformist chapel dating from 1822, refurbished(and being refurbished) to provide a simple welcoming peaceful atmosphere. Situated on the coastal path, the view from the church door over …
A New Year!
Friday 13th January 2023, 7:13 PM
After a useful National Gathering in October we are looking forward to the challenges and developments that 2023 will bring. We hope to publish updated leaflets, directory of Places and possibly also a revised Handbook this year, but as always we hope that the Places information on the website is up to date.