Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
The ancient burial ground of Llandecwyn and its Victorian small Welsh church, which replaced a much older church in the 19th century, is on an ancient neolithic/bronze age way, now part of the newly …
New material available
Tuesday 31st March 2020, 2:42 PM
During this time we will be making any new material added to the site available through the "Recent Additions" link on the menu bar. The first thing added is the Meditation on the Closing of Churches.