Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
300 year old chapel with a welcoming atmosphere in beautiful and peaceful "wild" but managed churchyard and gardens on the edge of village. Next door is the Little Baddow History Centre …
Wednesday 17th February 2021, 4:50 PM
Once again Ali Green is posting short thoughts and meditations on our Facebook page, this time to take us through Lent. Accompanied by pictures from her journeying around Small Pilgrim Places and the occasional short video clip, these are worth a look. Again many thanks to Ali for bringing the Places to us when we are unable to go to them.