Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Find out more about us or view our list of small pilgrim places.
Today's Featured Place
St. Laurence, West Challow, Wantage
The parish church of St. Laurence is a Grade II* listed building constructed in the 12th century and is one of six churches which make up the Ridgeway Benefice. It has a nave and chancel, which are …
Reflections for Lent
Friday 3rd March 2023, 3:52 PM
Once again Ali Green is posting a short reflection on our Facebook page every day during Lent (easily found by clicking the Facebook logo at the bottom of this page). She illustrates each one with a photo from her visits to SPPs across the nation.