Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
The Grade II listed 14th Century Church is on the site of 6th Century Cell of St Corentyn. There is a Lady Chapel. The Churchyard has a Celtic Cross which is a Scheduled Ancient Monument, also listed …
Friday 20th May 2022, 7:26 PM
Ali Green has been on her travels again - this time to Langton Herring in Dorset. Her latest journal entry is on the Members Area and also for a while under Recent Additions (see Menu). there are lots of pilgrim trails popping up all over the place, and we are gradually adding them into the Links section. We hope that as people venture forth once again they will appreciate what Small Pilgrim Places have to offer by way of that tangible peace and spiritual awareness that comes from such thin - liminal - places.