Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
A small Saxon Church on an ancient Christian site in a hamlet on the edge of Andover. In 1008, a Council was held here with King Ethelred and St. Alphege the Archbishop of Canterbury, at which …
Saturday 23rd October 2021, 7:06 PM
A group of members met by Zoom on Saturday to discuss the Network and how it should move forward. There was lots of useful discussion, sharing of different experience of members and Places, and the Core Group will now put this discussion into a format which can be shared and help all the Network members to participate in the Network's future. Coming out of the discussion was the value of connecting with other Places and members in the Network, and also an affirmation of the vision of places as somewhere to provide "space on the journey, for breathing, pondering, meditating, praying and just ‘being’". Watch this space!