Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Interactive Map of Small Pilgrim Places:
Zoom in on the map to view the location of individual Places.
Today's Featured Place
In Upper Swaledale, perched on the fell side, is a small, simple, mid 19th century church - Holy Trinity - which still keeps its old parish name of Melbecks. There is a steep ascent, part path and …
Saturday 2nd September 2023, 10:16 AM
Ali Green is once again posting every day on our Facebook page, with a Creationtide thought and pictures from a relevant Small Pilgrim Place. Do have a look, and 'Like' to spread the word!