Data Protection Notice
Under new General Data Protection Regulations which come into force in May 2018 we have to provide this Fair Processing and Data Privacy Notice and confirm your consent to the use to which we put your personal data.
1. Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data (by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession)
2. The Data Controller is the Small Pilgrim Places Network (SPPN) Core Group (contact details below), and decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
- To enable you to access the Members’ Area of the website;
- To administer membership records;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To inform you of news, events, and activities relating to the SPPN;
- To contact individuals to find out their opinions on current activities or of potential new activities that may be offered.
The SPPN Core Group complies with its obligations under GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
4. The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, and activities;
- Processing is carried out by the Core Group of the SPPN which is a not-for-profit
body, provided: -
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with its purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Processing relates to personal data manifestly made public by the data subject
5. Sharing your personal data: Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Network where you have given consent. We will only ever share your data with third parties outside of the Network with your consent. (Note: We will only publish contact details for the contact person/hospitaller for individual Small Pilgrim Places for which that person has given permission).
6. We keep personal data in accordance with the general guidance.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the SPPN holds about you;
- The right to request that the SPPN corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the SPPN to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the SPPN Membership Secretary,. c/o 11 Rollesbrook Gardens, SOUTHAMPTON SO15 5WA.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.