St. Michael and All Angels, Knight's Enham
A small Saxon Church on an ancient Christian site in a hamlet on the edge of Andover. In 1008, a Council was held here with King Ethelred and St. Alphege the Archbishop of Canterbury, at which Christian laws were codified for England. In mediaeval times, the Church was a resting place for knights, close to the crossroads of the two ancient routes from north to south and London to the South West. The site has been a place of worship for a millennium, and continues to serve the parish, which covers much of the town of Andover. It is a peaceful, prayerful place, to stop and reflect on ‘the journey’.
Generally open dawn to dusk daily. Services: Holy Communion (BCP) every Sunday at 8.15 am; Evensong once a month (4th Sunday) at 6 pm summer, 4 pm winter
Church Lane Enham Lane, Knight's Enham, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 4DS, United Kingdom
Grid reference: SU 363 481
By car: Heading north from Andover on the A343 Newbury Rd, turn left at the last roundabout on the edge of town (1 mile before Enham Alamein) onto the Andover Ring Road (Saxon Way). Knight's Enham hamlet and the Church, (signposted ‘12th Century Church’) are the first turning on the right no more than 100 metres from the roundabout.
To find us: View the map on: www.achurchnearyou.com/knights-enham
Public transport: Very limited bus service from Andover Bus Station.
One step up from the road and one threshold step into the church. New path scheduled for 2017. Please note there are no toilet facilities at the Church.
The Parish Office,
St Paul's Church Centre
Tel: 01264 335237