Small Pilgrim Places Directory
View a map of Small Pilgrim Places (PDF file - 212Kb).
For the protection of all, visit safely. Health and Safety and safeguarding are the responsibility of each SPP and their parent organisation, but if you have any concerns about the safeguarding of any individual contact the relevant authority, normally the police.
A place of simplicity and peace set amongst fields and trees and possessing a special atmosphere of quietness and with a true sense of a “thin place “ where the life of the spirit can seem truly close at hand.
One of the smallest and simplest churches in Cornwall, St. Winwaloe's originated in the 12th century when it was a chapel ...
Location: Launceston, Cornwall, United Kingdom
The tiny medieval Chapel of Our Lady of the Crag is an unusual building, being carved into the rock, in a very beautiful and restful location in the trees a stone’s throw from the River Nidd, about half a mile from the centre of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire. It was carved from the cliff face by John the Mason in 1408, permission being granted ...
Location: Knaresborough, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Open to the four winds – whatever the weather there’s a lot of it here! The sense of achievement in gaining access to the labyrinth adds to the tranquillity of the place itself. It is a beautiful place, with stunning views, and extraordinarily quiet and peaceful especially as the old coast path to it is currently closed. It is always open.
Location: Looe, Cornwall, United Kingdom
The Pales is the oldest Quaker Meeting House in Wales in continuous use. It is an active place of worship (3 p.m. on the 3rd Sunday of every month) and a place for prayer and reflection.
Built in 1717, it is a stone building with a thatched roof. The Cottage, built at a later date, is occupied by a Friend in Residence. There are ...
Location: Llandrindod Wells, Powys, United Kingdom
The Well, Centre for Spirituality, Elsie Briggs House, is a small, 15th Century Hall House in Westbury on Trym. (It can be seen on the right of the photograph). It has been open as a place of contemplative prayer since 1991. It was bequeathed to the Anglican Diocese of Bristol by Dr Elsie Briggs in 1981, and is administered by a Management ...
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom