Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
More Pilgrim travels
Thursday 20th July 2017, 4:02 PM
We have just received the ninth instalment of Ali Green's Pilgrimage Journal. This time she visited the SPPs at West Wycombe and West Challow. As usual she has sent photos as well. (Find it the Talks and Articles about SPPN part of the Small Pilgrim Places Network section of documents in the Members' Area.) Remember that she will be talking about her journeying at the National Gathering in Peterborough on 21st October.