Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
Monday 20th February 2017, 10:46 AM
Preparation of the 2017 handbook can hardly keep up! Another new Place is the Well Centre for Spirituality in Westbury on Trym, to add to the four already welcomed this month - The Labyrinth near Looe in Cornwall, the Holy Well and Church at All Saints Burton Dassett in Warwickshire, All Saints Waterden in Norfolk, and the Old Schoolhouse and Chapel of St Raphael Huccaby in Devon. It is very encouraging that the vision of the Network is spreading in this way. Remember that we always welcome feedback from any visitors to our Places as we strive to improve the experience.