Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
Monday 4th June 2018, 9:19 PM
Welcome to our first Place in Greater London - All Saints Church Hackbridge and Beddington Corner (Mitcham, Surrey). Also the details of the 2018 National Gathering on Saturday 13th October are now available. It will be from 10 am to 4 pm at Holy Trinity Church, Bradford-on Avon BA15 1LW. The speaker (at about 11 am) will be Richard Dealler, who provided the inspiration for the Mary Michael Pilgrims Way, a walking pilgrim route across England from West Cornwall to Norfolk. There will also be the opportunity to visit the two SPPs in Bradford on Avon. All are welcome for all or part of the day. Contact us for any further information.